Just stand up! Headline Animator

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Choices . . . choices . . . choices

"The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.  We cannot change our past.  We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude."

~Charles Swindoll~ 

I love this quote from Charles Swindoll because it is so true. How many times do we get upset over things that we have absolutely no control over. And then we can carry it around with us for days, months, even years!  What a waste of time! I plead guilty to doing this in the past.  But I am learning that the more I learn to let go and accept, the better I feel.

Let go of the past, let go of unhealthy feelings you have for someone, let go of situations that you can't change.  As I have actively focused on doing these things, I feel more free!  It's amazing how much negative stuff I carried around like this big sack over my back. Only I wasn't Santa and it wasn't a bag full of toys. I just keep filling it and filling it with all the negative experiences in my life. I came to realize that if it got too big, it would crush me. So I got rid of it! What a relief!!

Got a bag on your back? Put the bag down!  Better yet - throw it off a cliff onto the jagged rocks below so you can never claim it again! 

Now you're not going to change overnight. I know I didn't.  It is a constant work in progress.  But the more you focus on just letting go, the easier it gets and the better you feel.  

So what choices will you make today?

1 comment:

Phyllis Ring said...

This post is a great start to my day, Karyn. :-)