Just stand up! Headline Animator

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Get rid of the drama!

"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the negative, and focus on the positive. Love all people and pray for the ones who don't treat you right. Life is too short to be anything but happy. 
Falling down is a part of life, getting up is living." 
~ From Positive Thinking ~

Have you done this?  Walked away from the drama in your life?  I made a conscious decision to do this years ago and it was the best thing I ever did.  My life was full of drama.  Granted, some of it I created so the first thing I had to do was to stop my own drama.  Then the next step was separating myself from people who seemed to need drama in order to survive.  Do you know the type?  

When you're around someone who is fueled by drama, you know it because whenever you're in their presence, you feel drained.  This topic was discussed in The Celestine Prophesy.  If you haven't read this book, I encourage you to get it. It is really great.  It talks about "control dramas".  Here is the premise.

Everyone has energy and needs energy. You can get energy from one of two ways: from a higher source (God, Universe, etc.) or you can get it from other people. It is best to get energy from a higher source but if someone is not connected that way, they will "take" it from others. According to the Celestine Prophesy, there are four ways that others can steal your energy: intimidators steal energy from others by threat, interrogators steal it by judging and questioning, aloof people attract attention (and energy) to themselves by playing coy and poor me's make us feel guilty and responsible for them.  

What I liked about the book is that it told you how to protect your energy when you in the presence of these types of people. I have simply tried to love them (albeit from a distance) and to pray for them. Being a "work in progress", I am working on this.  (And, I loved the last sentence of the quote!)

If you have made a similar decision, I'd love to hear from you.  Have a great day!


No comments: