Just stand up! Headline Animator

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just be yourself

"The people who like you, will like you no matter what you do. 
The people who don't like you, won't like you no matter what you do."
~ Unknown ~

I heard this on the radio one day and it changed my life. I was working in a small office with difficult people. There was this one woman that really didn't like me very much. I don't know why.  No matter what I did to try to get her to like me, she still didn't like me. I found myself spending a lot of time trying and trying to get her to like me.

Then I heard this quote on the radio and it caused me to think about this situation at work.  It was absolutely true!  I have really good friends that no matter what I do, they like (love) me. No matter how many mistakes I make, they are still there for me. But with the people who don't like me, it doesn't matter what I do, how many kindnesses I show them -- they just don't like me.

I came to realize that it was important just to be myself and accept the fact that there are going to be people in this world who, for whatever reason, are just not going to like me.  And that's okay.  I made a decision to focus all my attention on the people who love me, no matter what, rather than spend energy on people who don't like me. Life is much easier now!


No comments: