Just stand up! Headline Animator

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The art of allowing . . .

Today intend to practice the craft of allowing.  Allow life to enfold, allow others to be who they are, and allow love to flow in and out of you.  As you allow, you’ll find that you’ll be more at peace.
~ from Seeds of Intention ~

Good morning! I really like this quote.  It's a good reminder for me and I hope you enjoy it too. How many times have I "thought" I was in control of my life? How many times have I tried to control situations, people, etc.? Trying to live in a non-judgmental way can be difficult. It has been for me. We are making judgments all the time - sometimes without even realizing it. In Deepak Chopra's Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, he talks about living a life of non-judgment.  Looking at life as not good or bad, fair or unfair. Life just is

When I viewed life as fair/unfair, I was miserable because I was placing judgments on how I wanted things to be. Now, if something happens that I'm not happy about, I try to immediately go to a place of acceptance. We never know why things happen in our lives. Sometimes, things that appear to be bad actually turn out to be a blessing. Have you ever had something happen to you or a loved one that really brought you down? And you focused on the negative aspects of it? Did it ever turn out to be a good thing in the future? It's happened to me many times. 

So today I will remind myself that there's a reason for everything that will happen today and I will just allow it. Hope you have a great day!




2 comments:

Hitomi Dennin-Beams said...

I loved this blog!! I would like to share this quote with you.
"I wish you the ability to let go,the ability to allow yourself to allow life to do it's thing without you attempting to control the outcomes of everything that goes on around you.I hope that you will always be able to recognize the situations over which you truly have no control,and try to let them be,accepting the outcomes as they are,and not judging them based on what you wanted them to be."~ Unknown Author

Karyn said...

Hi Hitomi! Thanks for your feedback and for sharing this amazing quote! I will use it in a future post.

Please feel free to share other quotes that inspire you as I am sure they will inspire me and others. Have a great day!