Just stand up! Headline Animator

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I forgive myself, then I move on

I forgive myself, then I move on.
You can sit there forever, lamenting about how bad you've been, feeling guilty until you die, 
and not one tiny slice of that guilt will do anything to change a single thing in the past.
~ Wayne Dyer ~

I have struggled with feelings of guilt in the past.  There are things in my past that I am not proud of. I am guessing we all have those "cringe" moments.  You know - when you think about something you've done in the past and cringe. But we are all human and I've come to believe that no matter how hard we try, we are going to make mistakes.  

It is so important to forgive ourselves. This has been hard for me at times. I have been so mad at myself for past mistakes.  But, over time, I have learned to forgive and let go. I've accepted (there's that word again!) that I am not perfect.  I am going to make mistakes and the best thing I can do is to get up, brush myself off and try to be better today. "Fall down 7 times - stand up 8!"

The past is the past. Don't dwell on it - not even for a second. Learn from it and move on. If you don't, it will drag you down like sandbags on a hot air balloon.  Cut those bags loose - and fly!


No comments: