Just stand up! Headline Animator

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gaining strength


‎"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." 
~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~

We are stronger than we think. Sometimes we can be weighed down by our troubles and just when we think we can't take anymore, that's the point it all changes. 


I was viewed as the strong one in my family. I guess that comes with being the eldest. There was a period of time where I felt like the rock. But there were periods where I felt like I wasn't. Weighed down by test after test to the point I thought I would break. They say that what doesn't break you makes you stronger. It took me a while to believe that, but it's true. I think that all growth comes through pain. It's like building muscle. You have to go through the pain that follows lifting weights in order for the muscle to grow. 

Our tests are like stepping stones to help us reach our true potential. 

No comments: