Just stand up! Headline Animator

Friday, April 29, 2011

True independence

‎"What other people think of me is none of my business. One of the highest places you can get to is being independent of the good opinions of other people." 
~ Dr. Wayne Dyer ~

What a freeing statement! I don't know about you, but I have spent the greater part of my life worrying about what other people were thinking about me. As I have gotten older though (and hopefully a bit wiser), the opinions of others has had less influence on me. People are going to think what they're going to think. It is too much of an interruption of your life to be wondering (or worrying) what other people are thinking about you. So just live your life!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that quote!
I remember a few years ago I did a workshop and at the end handed out evaluation forms - I got back 53 positive glowing evaluations and 1 really bad one! They were filled in anonymously so I spent the next week trying to figure out who the negative one was LOL! A couple of weeks later I found out by accident who it was and then I laughed even harder - he was someone I was totally surprised was even there and it really was no surprise he'd hated it. So funny how much energy I had wasted on one bad opinion when I had 53 great ones to focus on! Duh!!

Karyn said...

Isn't it amazing how we can be drawn into that kind of thinking? I am the same way. Getting better at it but still more work to do!