Just stand up! Headline Animator

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dream!

Scientifically a bee is too fat to fly.  It's not aerodynamic enough and it's wings are too short.  But why does it still fly you ask?   Because nobody told him he couldn't!
~ Author unknown ~


What are your dreams?  What things do you want to do but people say it can't be done?  

You never know what you can accomplish until you try.  If you have a goal, start taking the steps to implement it. But be flexible enough to know when to change direction if necessary.

In my mid-30's, I decided I was going to pursue my childhood dream of becoming an elementary school teacher.  So I enrolled in college.  I had to go part-time and it would take me 10 years but I enrolled anyway.  There were some people that were discouraging.  "It's going to take you 10 years?  Wow, that's a long time."  My thought was in 10 years I would be 45 and I could either be 45 with a degree or without it.

I got my degree but I am not an elementary school teacher.  More than half way through my studies, I got an amazing job.  So I changed my major.  I entered school with one intention and ended up with something different.  But it's all good!  I wasn't rigid in my thinking and ended up with what I needed.

We never know what opportunities that are going to come our way.  If you have a dream or a goal, go for it!  No matter what happens, you'll end up where you're supposed to be!

No comments: