Just stand up! Headline Animator

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Keep looking ahead!

“Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies.”
~ Ann Landers ~



I just went to my 35th high school reunion last week.  So this quote jumped out at me. It was great to see many old faces; some haven't changed at all - others were only recognizable by the name tag they wore!  

It caused me to think about where I was thirty five years ago.  Fresh out of high school and right into a new marriage.  My husband and I (yes, the same guy!) were reminiscing about how different we were back then and how we have changed.  Thirty five years of raising two daughters, going through several job changes and all the ups and downs that inevitably come with a long-term relationship.

Reunions are great.  It's nice to look back once in a while.  Just don't stay there!

No comments: