Just stand up! Headline Animator

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Go with the flow

"Don't try to steer the river." [Deepak Chopra]

I used to be a very controlling person and I didn't even fully realized it. I still am a bit controlling.  I find it difficult to completely let go. But I have learned that even though I thought I was in control, I really wasn't. Most of the frustrations in my life were the times when things weren't going the way I wanted. As I mature, I realize that it is better to just go with the flow. When I can accept whatever is going on in the moment, I am happier. I don't have to be happy about what's going on. I just have to accept it.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. So if things aren't going the way I want, I've come to believe that it's for the best. Everything that happens is always for the best. Even the difficult stuff.  

2 comments:

Nancy said...

This goes with what you are saying and which I refer to now and then:


Serenity Prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference...

Karyn said...

Absolutely Nancy! I love the Serenity Prayer too and use it often. Thanks for sharing!